Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Phone Call

We got a phone call late Monday night from one of N's scout leaders. He was calling to reassure me that N was doing well. He said that they didn't get a chance for lunch until 2:00 p.m. (with N eating breakfast at 6:00 a.m.). A leader clued into N potentially (likely) being hungry and they made sure to pass him a candy bar around noon. He said that N gobbled it up (I bet) and had been eating well generally. I'm extra glad that we sent snacks for the ride up. I should have better anticipated a possible delay in lunch time. But all is well.

We sent letters on Monday night. He should receive them tomorrow. Tonight is his "Wilderness Survival" Merit badge overnighter (sleeps outside in a shelter he made). I'm extra nervous for that experience to go well. I hope he stays warm.

No comments: