Sunday, December 17, 2017

Thriving Again

Right after the first break-up, N rapidly experienced a second.  This was a rebirth of a long-term relationship.  They expected that they would reunite and reconnect, but both had changed.  Right after this, N began his second year at the University.  Within a few weeks, he had an opportunity that brought his load up to 19 credits.  I wasn't sure how the semester would go with the lingering waves of the break-ups, but he's held his own.  

His weight has stayed high enough that we only see very low levels of anxiety and OCD behaviors.  He continues to be more independent.  We still interact with him a fair amount and regularly check in with him about his anxiety and depression levels.  Those continue to stay low.  He has a better apartment, good roommates and a good friend group right now.  All of that, I think, is contributing to his current success.  

He'll be home for Christmas!  I'm so grateful.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don’t know where to start. I feel comfort in knowing you know my every hurt,fear, excitement and celebration. All to end in complete desperation and fear.
I have an 11year year old boy diagnosed with Anorexia.

Wendy said...

Kristen - There is a whole community that understands! I hope you've had a chance to post in aroundthedinnertable.org!