Sunday, May 18, 2008

Disneyland

It's been almost two weeks since I lasted posted. We took a long overdue trip to Disneyland. It was a nice break for all of us to get away from the ongoing pressures of home, work and church. Unfortunately, though, we weren't able to leave the anorexia behind. I wish we could have.

In fact, N's anorexia seemed to get worse while we were on vacation. I'm sure that has something to do with all of the altered routines. I realized by the second day, that N was restricting and taking advantage of our busy schedule. We had to watch him much more closely after that. We had a continental breakfast available at the hotel, but there weren't enough calories available in the selection, so we supplemented with milk and Carnation Instant Breakfast (I was thankful for our in-room fridge). It was also easy to forget about N's snacks. I forgot several times and, of course, he didn't remind me. There was also a lot of extra exercise involved with all the walking around California. But we did have some yummy meals at Disneyland and vicinity that I'm sure more than made up for all the calories that he walked off.

We all had a lot of fun. It was also nice to have T around to help with N, 24/7. We are all tired from all of our adventures, but I think are also rejuvenated some. We probably needed this vacation back in January.

I weighed N this morning, not knowing what to expect. Luckily, his weight was up to 93.6 lbs.

N's routine is back now, but some of his past week's struggles are still ongoing. We're down to the last few weeks of school. N has a major project due tomorrow as well as Shakespeare lines to memorize. It will be nice to have a summer break. Taking school out of the equation eased some of the stress this past week. I assume the absence of school-stress will also help throughout the summer.

2 comments:

Ari J. Brattkus said...

Glad to read your post -- I was a bit worried that you hadn't posted in a while! I found our family vacation rally stressful, although my daughter had a great time and really made some incredible strides in overcoming ed. I however, was anxious and constantly trying to figure out our next meal -- it was exhausting!

Summer will be great. No homework or added stress. We are planning to take it easy.

Wendy said...

Thanks for your concern. I think we lost ground against the ed during our vacation.