Friday, May 8, 2009

Reconsidering

Well, I'm not sure that N is going to end up doing his Eagle Project as I described two posts ago. We're trying to figure out if there is a way for him to demonstrate leadership without having to fully disclose the anorexia to his peers. Unless, we can spin things the right way, he probably won't do it. Right now the idea on the table is to involve the other scouts in fundraising only and label his project as "providing resources for pediatricians" or "pediatrician education" or something like that.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed. I'd like to attach some meaning -- and making a difference -- to this whole experience. But it's not my project, it's his and it's his life and his friends.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi, Wendy -

I think it is brave of you to back off and let him make his own choices . . . good for you!

- Marie (Coming Out of the Trees)
http://mmaaggnnaa.wordpress.com/

Wendy said...

Thanks Marie.