Monday, April 28, 2008

Should I Have A Snack?

I weighed N on Sunday at 92.2 lbs.

He has continued with the OCD stuff. I can make him go back and walk down the hall straight, but the very next time he'll do it the OCD way again. I can't imagine how much energy it must take to keep track of which way he has to turn.

He is also hungry a lot lately, but about drives me crazy asking if he should have a snack. "Yes!" I say over and over and over again. He'll say he isn't sure if he is hungry or not. I'll say, "listen to your body." And he'll ask me again, "should I have a snack?" Sometimes this goes on for an hour before he'll eat. He asks every five minutes. The answer doesn't change over the course of the hour, but that's how long it takes for him to work through the all the brain resistance.

No comments: