Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bedtime

We didn't make the boards like I planned. N reminded me early on that we had to carve our pumpkins. So we did and ate cinnamon rolls.

N did okay until the late evening. He was so tired and emotional. He gets to that point and struggles and wants to talk. I think, though, that it would be better if he went to bed. We've been trying for months to get him into bed by 9:00 at the latest. I think he purposely tries to stay up -- and in fact, won't go to bed until we do. Not only is this bad for him physically and emotionally, but it is eating up the last remnants of any couple time we've had. We finally persuaded him to go to bed last night (with some talking -- but not the hours he was gearing up for). There has to be a balance.

I talked to J about N this morning while going to the dentist. I've been so concerned that he has been getting neglected. He did say that sometimes he feels like N is getting something that he isn't getting -- but he couldn't put his finger on it. We talked about it and agreed to check in with each other to make sure that J is getting the attention that he needs.

No comments: