Thursday, July 31, 2008

Letter to the Editor

This is N's letter to the editor:

"I was reading the article on the study that went on in Atlanta to see which diet helped you to lose the most weight. I am a twelve-year-old currently recovering from anorexia and have learned that the best thing for your body can be summed up in two words: intuitive eating, or listening to your hunger. The best thing for your body is for you to listen to what your body is telling you. Are you hungry? Eat. Are you full? Stop. I'm not saying variety and healthy choices aren't a good thing and I'm not saying to go eat entirely junk food, but listening to your body is better than dieting. If your doctor has told you to go on a diet because you are too overweight then it might be okay to go easy on certain kinds of food. If your doctor hasn't, though, then I can promise you that you can go to ANY dietitician and he or she will tell you that intuitive eating is the best choice."

2 comments:

Carrie Arnold said...

Wow. N is a fantastically gifted writer. He could keep up with a few of the college freshmen I taught this year. Tell him I said so- and writing is what I do for a living!

Wendy said...

Thanks Carrie. He'll love hearing your compliment!