Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

N's first day of school, which was actually Friday, went well. I made a very specific schedule and he was able to keep track of where he needed to be. I guess I'll keep doing that for several weeks until he get used to changing schedules. His whole demeanor was much more upbeat upon his return as compared to when he left. I could tell he was so stressed. It helped that he walked to school with a bunch of buddies (which is so much better than walking into a new school alone). He had four or five classes with friends and a good locker location. He also indicated that he wants to shift into Algebra, not because Pre-Algebra is hard -- but because his friends are in Algebra. I told him that it was up to him -- and that he needed to take care of the arrangements.

Tomorrow the real rigors begin. His schedule will only be five classes, but having been a teacher, I know that they'll start to buckle down.

No comments: