Monday, August 25, 2008

School

Things continue to go well. N is on top of his school work -- which admittedly is almost nothing right now. But he's getting time to do it during school and typically only comes home with Algebra. I weighed him on Sunday at 111 pounds. He got himself up and ready for church on Sunday and even made it to a youth leadership meeting before. He's been playing some soccer. His stamina isn't what it used to be, but he's doing fine. The more time that passes, the less excited he is about P.E. and soccer. That's a good indication in my mind, since he really didn't like sports before he got sick.

The only bad news: I have shingles. I'm sure it is a result of the stress of past few weeks -- scout camp, starting school, and T going out of town.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ack! Shingles! Oh, it's dreadful. I hope you caught it early enough for the medication - in any case I am so sorry. You don't NEED that stress.

Ah, what life hands out!

Wendy said...

I've got all the pain but no rash. They gave me medication at the two-week mark, but indicated that it probably wouldn't do any good. Hopefully it's short-lived. You're right - I don't need any more to deal with.