Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Snow Cones

I feel like N made a huge leap last night! He told me that he wanted a snow cone. Then he went and made it and ate it, even though I didn't make it mandatory. I couldn't believe it. In the past few weeks, there have been moments when I thought the same thing could happen. But the anorexia always won the battle.

It really was a strange day to have such a leap. N had struggled all morning. When he came home, he continued to struggle. He wouldn't eat his afternoon snack. He yelled at me and was getting in my face and kicking walls. He was yelling at his brothers and being mean. I had to ask him to back off and ultimately to go to his room for calm-down time. He couldn't do anything but lay in his room and read.

I warned T about N's mood when he got home from work, several hours later. J had just persuaded N out of his room and had him playing a video game with him. T started off with a lot of humor. It was like my own N came back. He was fine for the rest of the night. Guilt? For Family Home Evening, we make travel bugs for our geocaching hobby. Then we stopped at Sonic for treats. N had fries. He did complain that I ordered too many. He ate most of them (shared some with his 2-year old brother) and then after our family lesson, he said he still wanted a snow cone (and made it and ate it). Amazing.

No comments: